Quality Assurance EngineerApply NOW !
Be part of our agile distributed team engaged in the development of a global platform for content and eCommerce using the latest enterprise technologies and innovative micro-services architecture, to support the worldwide provision of modern education.
Contribute with your knowledge and skills to test the software platform in various ways to ensure that every component of the application adheres to the specifications. You will have to understand overall technical architecture, business concepts and how software features are implemented. You will work in close cooperation with other Quality Assurance Engineers, Test Automation Engineers, Business Analysts and Developers.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will:
- Ensure that business requirements are mapped to the functional specifications and have sufficient test coverage
- Verify the test environment setup
- Plan daily testing activities. Create, execute and review test cases as needed
- Perform defect logging, reporting and follow-up
- Open defect tickets with accurate, extensive and descriptive explanations
- Communicate testing progress and status to project teams and client
- Actively participate with suggestions to improve the quality of the software platform
- Follow and enforce the software testing best practices
- Learn and progress gradually towards handling test automation tasks.
Who we are looking for:
Our future colleagues should have the following key skills and experience:
- Bachelor or higher degree in computer science (or equivalent)
- Proficiency in manual testing (writing, maintaining and executing test cases)
- At least 2 years of solid experience in testing medium to large scale web applications. Previous exposure to eCommerce platforms, agile methodologies and distributed development teams is welcome
- Very good understanding of development lifecycle with strong quality assurance process and methodology knowledge
- Experience using a bug management system (i.e. JIRA)
- High interest for software testing discipline, including willingness to learn and grow as a professional in automated testing
- Excellent analytical and debugging skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate information to the others, developers and client team
- Open and friendly personality, as well as drive, curiosity, excellent interpersonal and team-working skills
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Availability for short abroad business trips.
What we offer:
- Challenging projects in a highly professional, but also relaxed, collaborative and supportive environment
- Working in small and excellently skilled teams
- Opportunity for long term professional growth within our development center
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Travel opportunities to European countries
- Work – life balanced schedule
- Respect and support to your professional, family and personal goals.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate everyone’s interest in youngculture’s openings, notice that only selected candidates will be contacted. Your application will be treated strictly confidential.Apply NOW !